Dan Kent and Brian Muegge of Salmon-Safe joined host Tom Sadler for a Waterside Chat on December 8, 2022. Watch their lively conversation now:
Tom and guests talked about:
- How Salmon-Safe certification involves setting science-based standards for sites in watersheds in the Pacific Northwest, then working with growers, golf courses, construction projects, tech campuses, urban park systems and others to help them put fish-friendly practices into place.
- How the Salmon-Safe team makes sure the standards reflect the latest science around factors such as pesticide use, soil conservation, biodiversity and sediment runoff, with a singular focus on water quality and watershed impacts.
- Why companies are looking to source from Salmon-Safe certified farms, and how farmers can offset the costs of Salmon-Safe certification.
- How Salmon Safe’s collaborative approach can be applied globally to protect trout, coral reefs and everything in between. Their work is based on partnerships.
- How companies such as Copperworks Distillery have built successful – and tasty – marketing campaigns around their Salmon-Safe certification (and where you can buy your Copperworks Salmon-Safe certified whiskey).
Plus a few fishing tales along the way. Enjoy! Oh, about that whiskey…..
Next, watch more Waterside Chats or subscribe to our podcast. Join our email list to learn about future Waterside Chats.