Thank you for helping us encourage Congress to vote against H.R. 3094.
Will you take the next step? Congressional staff place extra emphasis on phone calls from constituents.
Please call the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121 and provide your zip code to be routed to your Representative’s office. Tell your Congressmember’s staff that you want him or her to oppose H.R. 3094, the “Gulf States Red Snapper Management Authority Act.”
You can make the following points:
- This bill is bad for red snapper and our nation’s fisheries.
- This bill would roll back 40 years of federal fishery management progress made under the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act
- This bill sets a dangerous precedent in federal fisheries management by allowing Congress to legislate for the benefit of one user group.
- H.R. 3094 provides no funding to states for managing an expanded red snapper fishery, and therefore this unfunded mandate is bad for states as well as fishermen and the communities they help support.
- This bill is unnecessary. The existing fishery management plan is working, and Gulf red snapper are on the road to full recovery.
Thank you! This extra action will help emphasize the importance of this issue. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how your conversation went.